Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yard Sale Day


I didn't do much yesterday, but today I got out and drove around a bit.
Yesterday was get the scooter fixed day.
The ex drove it with a flat tire for about a week and ruined the tire.
So yesterday it got fixed, and today was ride the scooter day.
Until I got out and rode the scooter...
Then I realized it wasn't ride the scooter day.
I saw at least 2o yard sale and garage sale signs.
I thought about counting, but decided against it.
I don't like driving barefoot, and I only have 10 fingers... well, 9 & 7/8 thanks to my door incident.

Did spring cleaning come late or something?
It's almost fall and we're just now having yard sales?
I was completely unaware today was the day.
I could have gotten a basket, and $50 cash and bought everybody else's junk.
Then again, I'd have to have a yard sale of my own to make room for all my new stuff.

So, I decided, after 20+ yard sales it was time to get the heck out of town.

Out this road I've never been down, down this road I've never seen, repeat, repeat.
Since I got this bugger I've been trying to get lost, but I haven't done it yet.
Today was no exception.
I didn't know where I was, or where I was going, but eventually I figured out where I was and got home.

Good thing too, after 60 miles on a moped, my butt started to hurt.
It's gotten used to my cushy car seat.

Tomorrow will be ride to work day.
Monday maybe, try new songs at choir practice before the real choir practice, and Tuesday is new fast Internet day.
I'm getting tired of all the old Internet problems.

I wonder if I can play YoVille on the Wii?

Maybe I'll recycle Midtown Miscreants Fast Eddie Friday, since he gave up blogging.

Stay tuned for Conan O'Brien with special musical guest "One Night Stand!"

Don't et 'em getcha.

V.V.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

MM gave up blogging? Again? I must have missed something.

JustRex said...

No, he's back. Just not doing it every day. The yard sales made it nearly impossible to drive down my street. Had to go blocks out of the way around just to get to the Caseys which is two blocks away. I know some places in arkansas where you could get hella lost. And frightened. But the sound of banjos in the distance will keep you moving at a good clip.

JustRex said...

So? Yer all tied up with young Miss Freud now and you can't write anymore? How taxing can "just friends" be? Writing is very cathartic and good for your mental health. Just ask her, she'll tell you.

Vinnie Vinnetti said...

I don't really have much to write about anymore.
Work is mentally enough.
I'm usually to fried to write much.
Maybe I'll get a little something done pretty soon.