Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Giving It to the Man

I try to keep the bitching and moaning to a minimum here, but I'm a little fed up with my family.
Some time ago, my mother had a house.
She married and we moved into my step dad's place.
He wanted to sell the house because we didn't need it.
She signed it over to my brother (8 years the senior) to keep it in the family. (Our childhood house.)
He gets back from the army and moves in.
He gets on his feet and starts working.
Even fixes the place up a bit.

Fast forward a few years.
I've been in and out of moms more than 3 times.
They let me come back when I get short on cash and need a place.

But I'll talk about wanting to get out to my brother Paul and his wife Mary and it always turns out the same.
"Why don't you just get an apartment Vince? Or go buy a house? I don't understand how you're having such a hard time."
Well Mary, it's because I have things called bills, and was given a f**king house, MARY!!

The house you live in should be (at least) half mine.
But I wasn't old enough to have anything signed over to me at the time so Paul got it.
And moved in, and changed things, and still lives there.

But there was only one house, not two.

We can't all have a house given to us.
So while everyone might have bills (like I do) and be doing so poorly, at least you have a place!!

The response...
"We've got a house payment Vince."

You jackass!
You have a house payment because your husband mortgaged it to buy a four-wheeler and a brand new truck and pay some bills of his own.
So while you're wondering why I don't own a house because it was so easy for the man you married, eat a flaccid penis, MARY, you'd be in an apartment or trailer or whatever if I had been given the house.

I'm not usually the guy to stir crap in the family, but my parents save their aluminum cans and give them to Paul to recycle when the price of aluminum goes back up, so they can have extra money.

Granted when I live at moms I don't pay bills, however, if I had, oh I don't know, been given a house perhaps...
Maybe I wouldn't been in this spot either.

Give me the house and your extra cans and see if I can make bills then.


I'm just pissed I suppose.

Don't let 'em give ya, away.
V.V.

6 comments:

Peggy Sue said...

Got a little pent up resentment, Vinnie? There are ways to deal with that, you know...VERY creative ways...(wink...wink...)

JustRex said...

Given the horrendous things you've done with just a finger, imagine what travesties you would have concocted with a whole house! I wasn't the favorite child either. But I can understand why. I'm surprised my parents didn't try an exorcism. I dunno. I can think of mean pithy and revenge oriented things to say and/or do, but they would be pointless. Best to just let them live in their little world and ignore them. Pretend they are a whiny inmate crying for toilet paper.

Vinnie Vinnetti said...

Peggy Sue - Are you trying to seduce me?
Because that would be great!
Rev - True that.

JustRex said...

You KNOW that is how rumors get started around this place.... And you'd make such a cute couple too.... (grin grin grin)

Peggy Sue said...

Trying to seduce you? Hmm...that would mean I should change my screen name to "Mrs. Robinson".

Vinnie Vinnetti said...

Rev - I don't start rumors, I make them.
Besides, a little blogger-rumor never hurt anyone.
Mrs. Robinson - Yes.