Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button


In the event that you haven't seen this movie, go out and rent it.
Buy it.
Buy two and give one to a friend.
It's a really good movie on it's own, but what really makes it is the fact that it highlights how we should all live.

Benjamin is born old.
Cataracts, arthritis, most of the things that the elderly face everyday.
But as time goes by, Benjamin grows younger.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all lived like that?
What most people fear now is growing old.

We're born young and spend all our best years working towards retirement that, once achieved, most of us are to worn down by the grind to enjoy.

This man, however, starts out old and almost crippled, and works all his older years growing younger.
By the time he can retire, he's only 2o-3o years old.
Everything I wanted at 2o, got it.
Nice house, nice car, wife, children, junk and stuff, everything.

In the end though, it's still the same.
Born unable to take care of ourselves, in diapers, confused, and always in need...
And that's how we usually die.
It's just the middle that changes.
4o in your 4o's no matter what.
But think, your mid life crisis you'd be able to enjoy that sports car you end up buying.


The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Give it a look.
Don't let 'em getcha.
V.V.

8 comments:

JustRex said...

Hmmm..... I hadn't really given that one much thought up to this point. It sounds like a hell of a deal, tho. Where do I sign up? I'll check it out.

Peggy Sue said...

I've always though youth was wasted on the young. However I do enjoy my mid-life crisis car!!

JustRex said...

I pretty much pissed away my youth wishing I was older so I could do more stuff. Now I'm old and working in a snaphole for peanuts wishing I was young again. I'm making up for my disenchantment by enjoying being mean.

Hey! Let's play the veri game!

Verification word- (terswert)<-- A type of Tasmanian clover used to cure the hiccups

JustRex said...

Still haven't managed to see the flick, but we did watch "Grand Torino" this weekend. If you haven't seen that one, give it a look! It gave me a sick feeling that Clint Eastwood was portraying me in my future years.


(pedik)<-- Diminutive form of the word for someone with a foot fetish

JustRex said...

I'm just going to keep looking until your statcounter reaches 1000. Then I'm going to stop.

JustRex said...

Still nothing? Hmmph! 972!

JustRex said...

979!

JustRex said...

980!