Friday, March 13, 2009

For Those of You Following Along

Unless you don't pay attention, you should know by now that I'm friends with Rev.
As you may also know, he was a mister grumpy pants a few days ago.
I used to be the same way.
I know, I know.
You're all in shock and awe.
But, alas, it's true.
I went to the doc and was given something to help the problem, which it did.
It also gave me energy, and made me sleepy (yes, at the same time) and had other odd effects as well.
Then someone turned me on to Folic Acid.

The way it was spun to me is the lack of serotonin is not the only cause but one of the causes of depression.
Lack of sunlight.
People who work evenings or nights and don't see much of the sun, or people who live in foggy or usually rainy/cloudy places suffer from a loss of serotonin, thus, being very unhappy. (And you thought you hated rainy days because you couldn't get anything done.)

Anyway, Folic Acid contains some of the things that are found in everyday items (food) that, I'm willing to bet, most of us don't get enough of.
I, for one, haven't eaten a single thing today.
I usually don't get hungry until I smell food.
But I also smoke (which keeps my mind off of it) and take folic acid (which also boosts metabolism) so maybe that's why.

Back to my original story... (Sometimes I get sidetracked... sometimes.)

I got turned on to folic acid as a more natural way to boost my serotonin without a Rx and with less side effects.
The person who told me about it gave me a weeks worth to try and if I saw improvement, I could buy my own.
I did the same for Rev.
A weeks worth for him (and the little lady) to try.
I can't say it worked immediately, like the Rx drugs did, but about day 3, everyone saw improvement.

I challenge you ALL (that's right, you three in the very back) to got to your local Wal-Mart (boy, are they gonna be pissed about this one) and buy a bottle of folic acid.
Try it for a week, and if you feel improved (as we all should) give a friend or family member a weeks worth to try.

Note: NO. I do not have stock in folic acid, or any company herein.

Also, for those of you (2) who already know, and the new cat that doesn't, the links are where it's at.
Check out the folic acid link and see what else it helps with, then come back and try to give me a legitimate reason NOT to try the Purina Challenge.


Stay healthy out there,
And don't let 'em getcha.
V.V.

2 comments:

JustRex said...

Giving it the old college try. Day two so far and too early to see any real improvement. But it's been a good day so far. Well, this first 30 minutes has been okay, anyway. I think we should take folic acid and everybody else at work should take valium. That would make for a great day, dontcha think?

Donna. W said...

Going from one link to another, I see where sulfa drugs inhibit folic acid.

Years ago the doc would give me sulfa drugs for frequent bladder infections. People thought I was crazy when I told them Sulfa drugs made me tired and grouchy.

Now I know why the drug affected me that way. (Welcome to my Google reader, by the way.)

I'm outside a lot, so I get plenty of sunshine, even in winter.