Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'll Do Better or The Magic of Words

I know it's been a minute or two, but the truth is, I've been working on my parents house.
They went on vacation for a week and I've been fixing up the place while they're gone.
Walls and floors and such.

I've been thinking it's time to move on.
Maybe I need a new job.
Maybe a night with some tail would relieve my stress.
Sweden, I'm talking to YOU here!
Or Germany. (I see you Berlin.)
London, you too.
I'm not picky, I'm just overly sure of what I want. (Picky.)

Anyway, I was thinking of switching jobs, maybe a nice desk job, or even one where a little more physical labor is required.
I've been where I am for a minute and it's getting to me a little bit.
So I thought about a change of scenery.

But right when I'm ready to put in my resignation, the boss tells me what he "really" thinks about me.
From what I've heard I'm not that great an employee.
Of course, I know better, as do most people, but good luck convincing some people of that.

Anyway, I figure I'll finish out the week, take my weekend, and see how I feel on Monday.
Maybe by then I'll have the decision of whether I'll change what I'm doing or not.

I know, you were hoping for something better than me bitching about work, and usually I deliver just that, but this is something that's been on my noodle for a while now, and it's finally taking enough of my attention that I couldn't deny it it's own time in the spotlight.

Keep an eye out, folks.
I hope they don't get me!
V.V.

2 comments:

JustRex said...

I think, since it's been on your mind so much, that you do need a change. I've always been wishy-washy myself. I get in a rut and (somewhat) comfortable in my position so that even when I'm ready to move on, I don't. My mental wiring makes me really uncomfortable with change. Of course, you are the only one who can make that decision for yourself. Hell, you know who we will get if you leave. he probably won't last that long and your spot will come back open in six months. If I can survive eight months of day shift, you can do six somewhere.

JustRex said...

P.S. I refreshed once so I could be hit #100. I'm just a jackass like that.